Our Aims and Objectives
- To foster mutual understanding
- To facilitate co-operative action
- To be a representative voice for faith communities in Oldham
- To relate to other inter-faith initiatives
- To be autonomous and non-party political
- To work for and from mutual acceptance, without compromise to the beliefs of members
Oldham Interfaith Forum upholds the right of each individual to live by her/his faith. It believes that all faith groups have a part to play in promoting community cohesion.
Membership is open to faith communities which have a place of worship in Oldham. Currently, faith communities which take up those places are from Christian, Muslim and Hindu backgrounds. Members from other faiths who do not have a recognised place of worship in Oldham can be co-opted onto the Forum committee.